This volunteer program is no longer available on Ecuador Eco Volunteer while we currently undergo changes to make this organization 100% non-profit.
Volunteers will be living in Santa Lucia which is surrounded by dense cloud forest with a community that has developed a sustainable way of living off the land. The Cloud Forest is one of Ecuadors most important ecosystems and is home to the Spectacle Bear and an amazing array of bird life.
Expected Tasks While Volunteering:
- Organic Farming
- Trail Work
- Reforestation and Conservation Work
Why This is Important:
Ecuadors Cloud Forest is not only a biological hotspot for wildlife in the country it is also an extremely endangered eco-system. By using conservation techniques and developing no-impact tourism in this region will save the cloud forest for generations to come.
The Volunteer Perfect for this Program:
- Speaks little or no Spanish at all but still wishes to Volunteer
Price per month:
Because of the travel costs associated with arriving in this very remote region of Cloud Forest you will not be able to leave the center every weekend.
- 2 Weeks (No Weekend Out) $280 USD
- 3 Weeks (1 Weekend Out) $380 USD
- 4 Weeks (2 Weekends Out) $480 USD
- A $50 administration fee is charged once at the start of the program.
- Transport between Nanegal and Cloud Forest Eco-Lodge
- An Organic Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner included.
- Accommodation in Solar Powered Eco-Lodge
Price not Includes:
- Mules to carry your luggage to the Eco-Lodge ($20)
Minimum Time Spent Volunteering:
- 2 Weeks Minimum
(Maximum 12 Volunteers at a Time)
Want to make a difference? Contact us!
[contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]