This volunteer program is no longer available on Ecuador Eco Volunteer while we currently undergo changes to make this organization 100% non-profit.
PROGRAM COMPLETE FROM JUNE 17 UNTIL JUNE 30, 2013
Volunteer Deep Inside the Amazon
This very special volunteer work program is located on the territory of a Shiwiar Amazon Tribe in an extremely remote region of Ecuadors Amazon that is only accessible by small chartered flight.
Because of the regions remoteness it has not yet been exploited by the oil, wood, and mining companies that have devestated the rest of Ecuadors Amazon and the community wants to keep it that way by developing ecotourism in the area.
Expected Tasks While Volunteering:
- Translating for Foreign Guests
- Teaching English to Children
- Community Work
- Organic Farming
A Typical Day While Volunteering:
You will be welcomed into the Shiwiar Tribe and be expected to help out with every day tasks in the community that may include organic farming, construction, help in developing the ecotourism program and teaching English and maybe even hunting and gathering in the forest. This untouched area of the Amazon is still incredibly rich in biodiversity which is sustained because the Shiwiar Tribe lives in harmony with nature and leaves a very small footprint.
Why This Volunteer Work Project is Important:
This Shiwiar Amazon Tribe has rejected attempts by oil companies to destroy its land and instead wants to develop ecotourism there, and receive visitors in exchance for an alternative economic income.
The Volunteer Perfect for this Program:
- Speaks an intermediate level of Spanish at least
- Is able to be completely immersed in a vastly different culture with little contact to the outside world
- Is eager to learn about Organic Farming and get their hands dirty
- Is passionate and patient to teach and learn in the community
Price per month:
$300 USD per month
A $50 administration fee is charged once at the start of the program.
(The small chartered flight fare is not included and costs approx $400-500 USD)
- Training and Support
- Work Reference / Volunteer Certificate
- Accommodation and Food
- A Work Recommendation Letter
Price does not include:
- Flight to the location, you do receive asistance on logistics and arrangements for flying in to the jungle village.
Minimum Time Spent Volunteering:
- 4 Weeks Minimum
(Maximum 3 Volunteers at a Time)