This volunteer program is no longer available on Ecuador Eco Volunteer while we currently undergo changes to make this organization 100% non-profit.
Volunteers will be working inside an Animal Rescue Center that helps rehabilitate endangered animals rescued from deforested land and from the black market in animal trafficking.
Expected Tasks While Volunteering:
- Feeding and helping to rehabilitate the animals before they are released
- Cleaning the cages and keeping the center tidy
- Translating for International Visitors
- Teaching children in local school the importance of environmental awareness
Please take lots of photos of insects to increase the Animal Rescue Centers database research catalogue.
A Typical Day While Volunteering:
Volunteers will be working deep inside the Ecuadorian Amazon Rainforest helping to care for animals that live in the property like cheeky clown monkeys, elusive spider monkeys, timid wooly monkeys, as well as other endangered animals like the possum and tapir, rare and exotic birds, snakes, alligators, and frogs.
Why This is Important:
This Animal Rescue Center runs one of the most successful breeding and rehabilitation programs in Latin America for endangered wildlife that have been displaced due to deforestation and other rare and exotic animals that have been rescued by police from the cruel multi billion dollar black market animal trade. The rescued animals are free to life safely without fear of poachers and bulldozers on the 53 hectare of pristine rainforest on the Animal Rescue Centers property.
The Volunteer Perfect for this Program:
- Speaks little Spanish at all but still wishes to Volunteer
- Is a biologist, veterinarian, carpenter, or anyone passionate about the protection of Endangered Animals.
- Is interested in breeding and conservation programs for wild animals.
Donations Wish List
- First Aid Box
- Surgical Items (disinfectant alcohol, needles, swabs, stitches, scalpel)
- Microscope to examine parasites
- Microchips for investigation of animal roaming habits
Price per month:
- $300 USD per month
- $225 USD three weeks
- $150 USD two weeks
- $95 USD one week
A $50 administration fee is charged once at the start of the program.
- Training and guidance
- Transportation Inside the Jungle
- Accommodation in Jungle Lodge
- Contribution Towards the Center.
- A Work Recommendation Letter
Minimum Time Spent Volunteering:
- 1 week minimum
(Maximum 8 Volunteers at a Time)
Volunteers will be volunteering between Monday to Friday with weekends free for leisure time or travel around Ecuador. You will have to take your own food to prepare meals in the kitchen facilities provided.
Check out other volunteer testimonials and photos from the Animal Rescue Center
Want to Make a Difference? Contact Us!
[contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]